Heartland Week-Long Retreat
How would you like to live on a real horse dude ranch for a 6 day and 5 night getaway? By popular demand Wildfire Ranch is now offering Heartland Week-Long Retreats for our guests wanting to live on our horse ranch. During your dude ranch experience you will receive equine therapy for depression and anxiety (if desired) or you can just choose to experience horse ranch life daily.
A typical dude ranch day is filled with barn chores like calling the horses in from pasture and thrilling to the thunderous sound of their hooves as they gallop in as well as feeding and watering and mucking stalls afterward. Then it is on to the fun activities which involve one-on-one contact with the horses as you learn to groom and tack them for riding. Additionally, you will learn all about horse behavior and the various breeds; the difference between English and Western riding styles; and how to walk, trot and canter any horse in any style.
Everyday during your dude ranch retreat you will either be receiving the enormous benefits of horse therapy for depression or experiencing unforgettable horseback trail ride adventures into the Bald Eagle State Forest. We will mix in a few horse lessons in our ring for those who want to better their riding skills and even horse training lessons for our guests dreaming of running their own ranches. To add some luxury to your week we include one massage therapy session with a professionally-licensed therapist nearby!
Disclosure: Wildfire Ranch Staff members are not licensed counselors, psychologists or psychiatrists nor do we make any such claims. As such there is no counseling conducted during our equine therapy sessions. Clients are given games to play with the horses which empower clients in their weak areas and promote healing from inner traumas as a result. Wildfire Ranch staff members interpret horse behavior during these sessions as the horses 'mirror' what they are sensing in the clients.
Campfire nights, visits to the Amish stores nearby, hours reading on our 1,400 sq. ft. covered deck and picnics on the screened-in porch round out your fantasy week at Wildfire's Therapy Retreat for A Week.
Contact us today to learn more and you schedule your retreat!
Phone: (814) 422-0534
Text: (814) 574-9942 or (814) 753-2109
For those seeking healing from depression, spend 6 days and 5 nights on our ranch while receiving daily equine therapy sessions. Discussion sessions twice during the week will ensure that you are receiving the full benefits of your horse therapy sessions. In between therapy sessions you will receive horseback riding lessons and even trail rides into the state forest! Breakfast provided daily.
Cost*: $1,250 for the week (6 day and 5 night) or $230/night for shorter stays. Your week-long retreat package will include:
- Five (5) nights lodging in Whispering Winds Guestroom
- includes Dish Top 150 channels, wifi, coffee maker, refridgerator, microwave and luxurious 4-poster queen bed
- An En Suite (private and brand new full bath) is attached to your room complete with bathtub.
- Country breakfast served to you each morning of your stay on our 1400 sq. ft. covered deck. Menu includes scrambled organic eggs with melted cheese, bacon, cinnamon raisin bagels with homemade Amish butter, orange juice.
- Three (3) to Four (4) hours daily of your choice of horse therapy sessions, horseback trail rides, horse riding lessons or horse-training sessions. If raining we will substitute with in-barn activities.
- One (1) guaranteed horseback trail ride adventure into the Bald Eagle State Forest.
- One (1) hour daily participation in ranch work including brushing and feeding horses.
- Two (2) discussion sessions to understand the effects of the horse therapy.
- One (1) visit to a nearby Amish store
- One (1) massage therapy session from a nearby professional therapist.
You will participate in all of the daily activities on our horse dude ranch while receiving equine therapy for anxiety, depression and despair, if needed.
For those who want to enjoy life on a horse dude ranch without the therapy we will substitute other activities in the place of the therapy sessions.
*Fees can be made in payments, by cash or credit card
All deposits are non-refundable. Ranch will apply your deposit towards a future appointment if cancellation occurs due to weather or necessary reschedule on the part of Wildfire Ranch. If a client terminates their lodging and horse activities earlier than agreed upon, there will be no refund for the remaining days of lodging and horse activities. However, Wildfire Ranch reserves the right to issue refunds if such cases are due to family emergencies and acts of God.
Looking for a week-long adventure for your kids? Check out our Kid's Camp opportunities!
Don't just take our word for how much we care about you, read what others have to say about Wildfire Ranch.